Friday, February 11, 2011

The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob (Blue Ocean Bob Discovers His Purpose), by Brooks Olbrys





(Click title to go to website)











I am a big fan of children books. I try to collect as many as I can for my daughter to read. I love to read. I am trying to get her to become one of those kids that love to read also. So far, I am proving to be successful.

This book is a great book. First, the story is written in the form of a poem. This makes it easy for kids to read and a great way to keep them interested because of the flow. Secondly, the illustrations are magnificent. They are brightly colored and percisely drawn. They pop out of the book as though they are real and not just a drawing that someone created. Thirdly, and most important, is the story. It lets children know that no matter what, they can achieve whatever they put their minds to.

Bob is a young boy who wants to figure out what he can do in life. Even though he lives on a beautiful island, he figures there is more to life than what he sees. His friend and companion, Xena - a bird, is concerned about him and the adventure he is about to take. But no one can change his mind and he sets out on this adventure. After asking a couple of sea creatures some questions, he makes up his mind about what he wants to be.

If you want to teach your child about believing and achieving a dream, then you should add this book to their bookshelf. I thought it was wonderful and think that anyone can learn a lesson from it. My daughter loved reading it and enjoyed looking at the pictures too. I highly recommend this book for every child to own.

Thanks to Brooks Olbrys for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment