Thursday, November 18, 2010

Then Sings My Soul (Special Edition), by Robert J. Morgan








Then Sings My Soul (Special Edition), by Robert J. Morgan is by far one of the most interesting books I have reviewed so far.What a great book to own!

I was first drawn in by the very beautiful, calm picture that covers the entire book. The green rolling hills along with the sun setting behind the clouds is just magnificent. Then to see the edges of the pages, which are jagged in a way to where it makes you feel as though you are reading a book set back in the era when most of these songs were written. I also love how the actual sheet music to the songs is on one side of the page and right across from it, you have the background story of each song. Underneath the title of every song, is the year that it was written, followed by a Bible verse. Then it goes into who wrote it and why it was written. The history behind some of these songs are very enduring. It is neat to find out where and why some of the best loved hymns (along with Christmas and Easter songs) have made their way into the hearts of so many people.

Within the book you will find 150 songs. Yes that is right, 150 songs! Some of my favorite that made it in the book are as follows:

Christmas:
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
There's a Song in the Air
It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Easter:
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
There Is Power in the Blood

Thanksgiving:
Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow
Great Is They Faithfulness

Patriotic:
My Country, 'Tis of Thee

Spiritual Hymns:
Amazing Grace
What a Friend We Have in Jesus
When We All Get to Heaven

This book would make a great gift or can be used as a devotional or used to sing songs with the whole family as they stand together around the piano spending quality time together. I really love this book and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoy singing these songs either in church or at home.

I thank Thomas Nelson for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment