Thursday, March 3, 2011

Music Videos and Performances From The Twilight Saga Soundtrack: Vol. 1



Can I say AWESOME!? I don't know if that is politically correct when writing a review, but that is the word that comes to mind when thinking about the Music Videos and Performances From The Twilight Saga Soundtrack: Vol. 1 DVD that I was given the opportunity to review. I never thought that I would jump on any part of the "Twilight" bandwagon, but I guess I have. Does that make me a Twilighter? Probably not, which is fine. I guess you can say that I have jumped on the Twilight music bandwagon, if they have one.

To have a DVD that focuses mainly on the music/musician of a film is ingenious. I hadn't heard half of the songs on this DVD, so it was purely musical for me. I got to enjoy them for who they were and what they brought to the films vs. enjoying them for the sake of the films. I also liked how most of the performers set their songs against backgrounds that had something to do with the films instead of having clips of the films all throughout their videos. I felt like this made it easier to focus on the artists themselves rather than focusing on the clips from the films.

There are twenty different songs collected from the three Twilight Saga soundtracks and two bonus songs. My all-time favorite song would have to be "What Part of Forever" by Cee Lo Green. Coming in close would be "Eclipse (All Yours)" by Metric. Some of the other songs that I like were, "Solar Midnite" - Lupe Fiasco, "The Violet Hour" - Sea Wolf, and "All I Believe In" - The Magic Numbers & Amadou & Mariam, just to name a few. The DVD is approximately 100 minutes long and has a special feature that lets you continuously play it repeatedly like a regular CD.

Yes, I think that everyone should own this DVD. Even if you are not a Twilight fan, you will still enjoy it. I highly enjoyed it the first time I listened to it (listening to it right now) and will continue to enjoy it every time I put it in my DVD player. So I implore everyone to go out and purchase Music Videos and Performances From The Twilight Saga Soundtracks: Vol. 1 for their collection. Trust me you will not regret it.

I thank Shelby K. (42West) for giving me the opportunity to review this DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the books but have no interest in seeing the movies. This sounds good though. Do you know if the music is available on cd too? I would assume it probably is. I don't see myself sitting to watch a music DVD, I'm more likely to put music on while I do other things.

    ReplyDelete