Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Safe With Me, by Amy Hatvany

 

Author: Amy Hatvany

Publisher: Washington Square Press

Number of Pages: 352

Dimensions: 8.2 x 5.3 x 1 inches

ISBN: 978-1476704418

Official Release Date: March 4, 2014





 How long has it been since you picked up a book and found out that you just couldn't put it down until you came to the last page? Well, that just happened to me over the weekend with Amy Hatvany's new book Safe With Me. It has been a while since I have been able to get a book and read it and not care about what was going on around me except in the pages that lay ahead.

 Safe With Me examines the lives of three females (Hannah, Olivia, and Maddie) that have been intertwined through some unfortunate events. Hannah is a strong independent woman who will not let anyone get in her way of doing what she wants. Not being able to control every aspect of her life, she chooses to have a child on her own. The day that starts it all is when her only child is killed in an accident. She then makes the decision to allow her daughter's organs to be donated to other recipients. Olivia is also just as strong, but in her own way. She is willing to go through whatever it takes to make sure her daughter gets the organ transplant that she needs, even if that means staying with a person who is not so good for her. This brings me to Maddie, a young girl who just wants to have a normal life. She has had the unfortunate circumstances of needing an organ transplant and the fortunate event of receiving Hannah's daughter's organ.

 I know I didn't say much about the book. But for once in my life, I don't want to give too much away. Amy Hatvany's style of writing draws you into the book, first page I might add, to where you are actually feeling as though you are right there with them every step of the way. I could actually picture each character in the book and their surroundings. When I saw that the chapters were divided by the character's names, I was a little hesitant. But after I started reading, I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen or how the character felt later on in the book. I have never read any of her books before; by have vowed to get her other ones based off of this one. So, my recommendation is to get this book and curl up on the couch and not plan on moving until you have come to the last page.

I want to thank Kathleen Zrelak for giving me a copy of this book for my honest review.


2 comments:

  1. You shared enough to make me interested in reading the book. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was very emotional. Enjoyed reading every page.

    ReplyDelete