Monday, May 10, 2010

The Mommy Files: Secrets Every New Mom Should Know, by Jen Klein












From the moment you find out that you are pregnant to the moment you see your child off to school, you have a ton of questions running through your mind. The responses to those very questions are answered in a book called, The Mommy Files, written by Jen Klein and presented by SheKnows.com.

The Mommy Files, packed with a ton of whimsical quotes, is broken down into three major sections. First being Pregnancy, second is Your Baby, and third is Your Child. Every section has a plethora of information for new mothers (and old alike). You learn about the different approaches one can take from the moment you find out you are pregnant, leading to when your baby comes home from the hospital, to dealing with how other people respond to you raising your child. Of course, there is much more information than just that. Also scattered throughout the book are various websites you can refer to and quotes from people who have actually gone down this very road. The information is presented in a way that keeps you engaged and wanting to read more. Even though my child is way past the baby stage, I actually learned some new things from the book.

I highly recommend this book for every new parent to read and am currently looking for someone I can refer this book to. I wish I had a copy of it when I first had my child. It would have been very beneficial. It is a book that you will want to pass on to your relative, neighbor, friend, or even a co-worker.

Disclosure: I thank Caitlin, from FSB Associates, for providing me with  a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment